Monday, August 5, 2013

Stacy: Day 12 - The Long Drive Home

Not much to report today, although I do intend to write a bit sometime after August 7th on my thoughts about the trip in general, as well to as mention things I forgot to post on the days they occurred.

We spent today driving, with a few stops along the way.

We left PEI, then Canada, and finally Maine.  We are spending the night in Hampton, New Hampshire.  I had to ask my sister where we were sleeping again, and she giggled at me.  Even though I remember most events, adventures, and places, they all run together.

Today we ate at a Tim Horton (a doughnut/sandwich shop all around eastern Canada and north Maine), saw Stephen King's house, and stopped by the Augusta, Maine, state house.



We also visited a chocolate factory at St. Stephen's, right on the border with Canada.  The border was literally 1000 feet away!  They had all you can eat chocolate samples throughout the museum......  The city was having their annual Chocolate Festival.  What luck, eh?



As usual on this trip, we checked in to our hotel at 11pm.  Abby got ready for bed, then Kim, Mom, and now me.  I write these posts while they are getting ready, but sometimes the Wi-Fi doesn't let me post until the next day.  Tonight's Wi-Fi is just as good as the Wi-Fi on the first night of our trip!  I wish it had been more consistent throughout.

Anyway, I'm going to bed, now.  We have another long day of driving tomorrow, until we make it back to Maryland.

:oD

No comments:

Post a Comment