Thursday, July 25, 2013

Stacy: The Journey Begins...

So, I'm not exactly sure how many states we drove through today, but I know The Others told me.  I think, five???  I was too busy looking out the van windows, enjoying the beautiful GREEN plants (south Texas isn't exactly "green").

I have never driven higher than Pennsylvania, so seeing the New Your City skyline for the first time was pretty neat. I think that was probably the highlight of the day.



We hit several geo-caches in several states!  One was in a busy rest stop, and several people looked at us funny.  Another was at a gas station, and was obviously missing.  Abby and I put our drivethrough dinner (McDonald's) on hold to go searching for this thing.  We raised the plastic covers off of those cement car-blocker thingies up looking for it... Kim and Mom thought it was hilarious-looking.

Tomorrow is going to be neat--I attended Providence High School (years ago), and I have always wanted to visit Providence, Rhode Island, to take a photograph there, in front of a landmark, in my PHS t-shirt.

That's enough for tonight!  Signing off...

1 comment:

  1. Hey ladies. Remember the bridge to PEI is like $24 or something really high and it is only one way. once you are on the island you can never come home again. Only kidding, but check it out for kicks and grins. Be safe at all times. Aunt Theresa

    ReplyDelete